Entries open 12 January 2017
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully before completing the entry, as they will form the basis of the contract between you and the ArtGemini Prize/PhotoX.
- Decide on the category and the number of works (maximum 6 entries) you wish to enter. You can submit your image now or at a later date if you are making new work. The contest is open to all photographers worldwide with no age limit.
- Open to all genres and styles of photography including Architecture, Nature, Wildlife, People, Sport, Portrait, Travel, Street & Staged, Documentary & Photojournalism, B & W, Monochrome and Colour.
- Register by completing the online registration form.
- Images of works must be in jpeg format. Recommended ideal size is 1MB, with minimum size 250KB, maximum 2MB. For best viewing, we recommend a maximum resolution of 300 dpi and pixel dimension of 1024 pixels or more wide. Remember to provide a high-quality image, as it may be used on the website and in promotional material.
- You must include the title of your work, the year it was created, medium and size including frame (maximum size 150 x 150cm). Limited edition print must declare the number of editions.
- Only one image of each work must be submitted and should be titled with artist’s surname, then first name and title of work, eg LEE, John, ‘Untitled’
- Any work submitted must be available for sale in the exhibition if shortlisted.
- You must state an estimated sale price of the work, including VAT if you are registered, ie the price a gallery would normally charge. Sensible pricing is recommended.
- An artist statement (max 100 words) is recommended and followed by a curriculum vitae (CV) if shortlisted.
- You will need a credit/debit card ready to pay via Paypal. Use your full name for reference on your payment. You can easily sign up and register free at PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account for payment. Also a friend can pay on your behalf.
- Please do not send your physical artwork to us unless you are notified that you are shortlisted.
- Closing date is 30 April 2017
Early Bird Entry – Save 20% if you pay your entry fee by 2 Feb 2017.
You can submit your entry images at a later date but this must be by 30 April 2017.
Early Bird 12 Jan – 2 Feb 2017 / 03 Feb – 30 April 2017
First entry £16 £20
Up to 3 entries £36 £45
Then additional entry £8 per entry £10 per entry
Maximum 6 entries and entry fees are non-refundable.
Also see Terms and conditions.
In collaboration with:
PhotoX is pleased to partner with Pixelrights. All PhotoX entrants are entitled to 20% off any Pixelrights websites.
Pixelrights is a portfolio website builder for photographers with an innovative platform for image protection. Its unprecedented image format, the SmartFrame, provides image protection unseen before in the photography and image making world. When your images are on a Pixelrights website, they become attached to your account like a kite on a string, allowing to you keep track of where they are and how they are used. It’s easy to set up – in just a few minutes, you can have a beautifully presented professional looking portfolio website. Use this link to get 20% off membership!