ArtGeminiPrize 2017 5th Edition
Painting. Photography. Sculpture
Judging Panel: Jo Baring, Director/Curator Ingram Collection; Cristina Cellini Antonini, Founder & Co-Director ArtRooms; Pamela Kember-Tong, Head of Arts & Learning, Asia House; Sajid Rizvi, Founder & publisher of EAP Group International Media; Dr Vanessa Champion, Creative Director PhotoX , photo journalist and owner of ARGENTA; Isabel H Langtry, Principal at Hampstead School of Art & Sculpture Artist.
ArtGeminiPrize 2017 Winners
With entries from 36 countries, the ArtGemini Prize, since its inception more than five years ago, has moved dynamically with the times. The Founder, Jimmy Lek, is pleased to announce the winners. The ArtGemini Prize attracted more than 900 entries from artists of diverse disciplines working with innovation in abstract, impressionistic or realistic modes across painting, photography, printing, electronic visual art and sculpture.
The judges said: “It was a pleasure to see such a diverse display of work. We found it extremely difficult to make a decision. It is very exciting for the artists to win the ArtGemini Art Prize. Congratulations to the winners and all those short-listed.”
Painting 1st Prize £2000
Ilsa Brittain, Self Portrait
Painting 2nd Prize £1000
Junghyun Lee, “Gentle moment of a small seashell 1”
Photography Prize £1000
Ainhoa Akutain, “Deseret Haretatik”
Adriaan van Heerden, “The Remains of the Helvetia, Rhossilli”
Sculpture Prize £500
Helena Verherstraeten, “Medu Ssa”
This is the second year the Hampstead School of Art have generously awarded the Sculpture Prize.
Public Choice Prize
Donald Macdonald, “Lentil Soup”
Shortlisted artists 2017
Prize Fund £5000 & Categories
1 st Prize £2000, 2nd Prize £1000.
Photography Prize – £1000
Sculpture Prize – £500 plus £250 voucher
Public Choice Prize – £500
3 April : Open for entries
12 July: Deadline entry closes
3 Aug: Shortlist announcement
19 – 22 Sep: Finalists’ exhibition at Asia House, London
How to Enter
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully before completing the entry, as they will form the basis of the contract between you and the ArtGemini Prize
- Decide on the number of works (maximum 6 entries) you wish to enter. You can submit your image now or at a later date if you are making new work. The contest is open to all artists worldwide with no age limit.
- Open to all genres of art including Paintings include oil, acrylic, mixed media, drawing, ink, watercolour, calligraphy & original print; Sculpture; Photography & digital art.
- Register by completing the online registration form.
- Images of works must be in jpeg format. Recommended ideal size is 2MB, with minimum size 250KB, maximum 4MB. For best viewing, we recommend a maximum resolution of 300 dpi and pixel dimension of 1600 pixels or more wide. Remember to provide a high-quality image, as it may be used on the website and in promotional material.
- You must include the title of your work, the year it was created, medium and size including frame (maximum size 150 x 150cm). Limited edition print must declare the number of editions.
- Only one image of each work must be submitted and should be titled with artist’s surname, then first name and title of work, eg LEE, John, ‘Untitled’
- Any work submitted must be available for sale in the exhibition if shortlisted.
- You must state an estimated sale price of the work, including VAT if you are registered, ie the price a gallery would normally charge. Sensible pricing is recommended.
- An artist statement (max 100 words) is recommended and followed by a curriculum vitae (CV) if shortlisted.
- You will need a credit/debit card ready to pay via Paypal. Use your full name for reference on your payment. You can easily sign up and register free at PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account for payment. Also a friend can pay on your behalf.
- Please do not send your physical artwork to us unless you are notified that you are shortlisted.
- Closing date is 12 July 2017
First entry – £20
Up to 3 entries – £45
Then additional entry – £10 per entry
Maximum 6 entries and entry fees are non-refundable.