Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to your online entry submission of artworks and the use of our website by you. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before completing the entry, as they will form the basis of the contract between you and the ArtGemini Prize.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Acceptable medium 2D & 3D including painting, oil, mixed medium, acrylic, watercolour, drawing, ink, calligraphy, original print, photography, digital art, sculpture, and ceramic excluding installation and video.
- Each artist may submit up to 8 entries with original works created within the last three years and with full copyright of the images. Maximum size 120 x 120cm inclusive frame except 3D sculpture maximum size 70 x 70 x 70cm. Works which have won prizes in major competitions may not be entered
- For exhibition only, state an estimated sale price of the work, including VAT if you are registered, ie the price a gallery would normally charge. The price should include the ArtGemini Prize’s 35% sales commission. Sensible pricing is recommended.
- The competition has a two-stage selection process.
Stage 1 (online)
Our selectors will make a pre-selection on the basis of the images submitted. The image of the work must represent the actual work(s) entered. The work shown must be available, if shortlisted, for the exhibition itself. During this stage, the judging panel will view all the online images entered. An artist’s signature that is part of the work is permitted. As a result of this process, the jury will shortlist up to 25 works that will progress through to stage 2.
Stage 2 (final selection)
In this stage, the judges will view each work individually and will select the prize winners (except for the Public Choice Prize, which will be based on voting online by the public).
- The organisers, ArtGemini Prize, and the jurors reserve the right to accept or reject any work for inclusion in the show. We reserve the right to refuse to exhibit any work deemed unacceptable due to poor craftsmanship or significant difference from the photograph or digital representation. All works on paper should be framed. Clip and aluminum frames are not acceptable.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence can be entered into.
- If shortlisted for the exhibition, all works are entered at the artist’s risk. It is the artist’s responsibility to pay for all costs relating to the delivery, shipping, and packaging for their works, including any import customs charges and duties applicable to the physical exhibition only.
- TheArtGemini Prize and the transport partners will not be liable for any loss or damage however caused, either in transit to and from the exhibition or during any period of storage, packing or unpacking or in any period in which the work may be in the premises or in their keeping.
- It is strongly advised that artists take out their own commercial insurance to cover their works in transit and during the period of selection and exhibition.
- The copyright of the works exhibited in the ArtGemini Prize exhibition will remain the property of the artist, but it is a condition of entry that the ArtGemini Prize shall have the right of free reproduction of the works in connection with the competition, including press, publicity, website, catalogues, and other printed materials. The processes of the competition may be filmed, and entering the competition constitutes an agreement for the artists and their work to be included in such filming, whether broadcast or not.
- For the purposes of these terms, force majeure event means an event beyond the reasonable control of the ArtGemini Prize, including but not limited to strikes, failure of a utility service or transport network, the act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors. The ArtGemini Prize shall not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under these terms as a result of a force majeure event.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the ArtGemini Prize will hold personal data supplied securely. It will only be used in the process of administering theArtGemini Prize, and will not be transferred to any third party.
- The ArtGemini Prize reserves the right to disqualify any piece of work if the artist has not adhered to the rules, even if the work has been selected for the exhibition.
- All works must be for sale at the exhibition, with prices set by the artist. The ArtGemini Prize will retain a 35% commission of the selling price. All unsold or unselected works must be collected by the artists or their appointed couriers from the allocated collection point.
These terms and the contract of which they form part shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Keep updated about ArtGemini Prize - see featured artists, latest entries, and learn about the Finalists' Exhibitions in Singapore and London.